Mastercard cardholders at Polish bank ING Bank Śląski can now make host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments using a ‘Mastercard on the Phone’ feature inside the My ING app. “Customers may at any time activate the service and conveniently pay for purchases,” says the bank’s Barbara Borgieł-Cury. Nine banks in Poland, including ING, launched HCE payments services with support from Visa in 2015.
- Lloyds to let customers set own contactless transaction limit
- Emirates NBD records 34m contactless transactions during eight-week rewards programme
- Monzo lets customers link virtual debit cards to funds ring fenced for specific types of expenditure
- CBA: 80% of digital wallet payments in Australia made from Apple devices
- Aldi tests checkout-free technology at London store
This article is more than four years old