Apple’s iPhone 7S, 7S Plus and 8 will come with a 3D laser scanner for facial recognition later this year to replace the Touch ID fingerprint scanner, JPMorgan analyst Rod Hall has told MacRumors. He says the switch to facial recognition will “potentially be more secure than Touch ID, which could increase Apple Pay adoption among banks and merchants”.
- South Korea to use QR track and trace apps to combat spread of Covid-19
- Taipei light rail offers 50% discounts to mobile payment users
- AE Solar combats solar panel counterfeiting with NFC
- ST adds NFC car key reader chip
- Samsung Money to go live in the US this summer
This article is more than three years old