Fashion retailers Ralph Lauren and Rebecca Minkoff are testing smart dressing-room mirrors that will soon allow shoppers to “wave their phones in front of the mirror and make a purchase using Apple Pay or Android Pay”, Bloomberg reports. The mirrors from Oak Labs read RFID tags on clothes and display complementary items, and allow customers to adjust the lighting and alert store assistants.
- Tappy demo shows how brands can add contactless payments to wearables
- Leaked images show how Apple Pay QR codes may look
- Visa files central bank digital currency ecosystem patent
- PayPal rolls out QR payments to 28 countries around the world
- Ghana switches on national instant QR mobile payments platform
This article is more than three years old