Some 8.4bn connected “things” will be in use worldwide in 2017, up 31% from 2016, with 20.4bn in use by 2020, Gartner predicts. “Total spending on endpoints and services will reach almost US$2tn in 2017,” the company says. Greater China, North America and Western Europe will represent 67% of the overall Internet of Things installed base in 2017.
- Wearable payments specialist Tappy opens NFCW Expo showcase
- Juniper forecasts ‘permanent shift’ to contactless ticketing
- Canada begins testing national digital ID framework
- UK charities leverage open banking to cut donation transaction costs
- The NFCW Expo is now open
This article is more than three years old