A new biometric authentication solution that offers smartphone, tablet and PC owners a choice of fingerprint or facial recognition has been unveiled. The “multi-factor biometric fusion engine” from US firm Synaptics allows users to choose how to authenticate based on personal preference or what is most convenient, such as choosing facial recognition when they are wearing gloves but fingerprint recognition at other times.
- Shell lets motorists make hands-free contactless fuel payments at the pump with RFID
- US Department of Agriculture to trial NFC and QR mobile payments for contactless state benefits
- Samsung includes NFC, UWB and MST contactless technologies in foldable phones and wearables
- Apple Pay expands to Malaysia
- German football club trials NFC scarves that let fans access the stadium and receive special offers
This article is more than five years old