A new biometric authentication solution that offers smartphone, tablet and PC owners a choice of fingerprint or facial recognition has been unveiled. The “multi-factor biometric fusion engine” from US firm Synaptics allows users to choose how to authenticate based on personal preference or what is most convenient, such as choosing facial recognition when they are wearing gloves but fingerprint recognition at other times.
- Revolut lets customers pre-authenticate their contactless card as they approach the SCA transaction limit
- Accenture issues $280bn payments revenue warning to banks
- Monzo to use app notifications to address Strong Customer Authentication communications issues
- Two in five wrist-worn wearables now come with NFC
- Apple adds Ultra Wideband communications chip to iPhone 11