A new biometric authentication solution that offers smartphone, tablet and PC owners a choice of fingerprint or facial recognition has been unveiled. The “multi-factor biometric fusion engine” from US firm Synaptics allows users to choose how to authenticate based on personal preference or what is most convenient, such as choosing facial recognition when they are wearing gloves but fingerprint recognition at other times.
- Samsung cuts US support for MST transactions on new Galaxy phones
- BMW adds UWB to digital car keys
- Fiat Chrysler to let drivers order and pay for Grubhub food deliveries from their cars
- UK to trial digital Covid-19 immunity and vaccination passports
- Agricultural Bank of China pilots central bank digital currency ATMs
This article is more than four years old