A new biometric authentication solution that offers smartphone, tablet and PC owners a choice of fingerprint or facial recognition has been unveiled. The “multi-factor biometric fusion engine” from US firm Synaptics allows users to choose how to authenticate based on personal preference or what is most convenient, such as choosing facial recognition when they are wearing gloves but fingerprint recognition at other times.
- ST opens up new markets with affordable NFC transceiver
- Apple details how UWB digital car keys will work in iOS 15
- Coca-Cola gives away mobile wallet credits for ‘free Cokes’ in US restaurants
- UK government to explore biometric contactless corridors for border checks
- Hong Kong to explore potential for digital HK dollar
This article is more than four years old