Commuters paying with Apple Pay or a contactless bank card across the Moscow metro are receiving a 20% discount off the ticketing price, Russian publication Appsad reports. Apple Pay was introduced on the Moscow Central Ring rail line in December 2016, and passengers were given free travel every Monday throughout the month when choosing to pay using the mobile payment service.
- Two in three consumers worldwide say Covid-19 has permanently changed the way they pay
- Pax Technology partners with Dejamobile to let merchants accept contactless payments on NFC devices
- Survey: ‘Growing number’ of Europeans support creation of national digital currencies independently of EU
- Google Pay to go live in Israel this year?
- Nearly two-thirds of UK consumers would now prefer to make card payments from a mobile wallet
This article is more than four years old