Romanian bank BCR is installing a contactless ticketing system across the Bucharest subway, in partnership with transport operator Metrorex, Mastercard and Visa. “BCR has developed an integrated solution that enables any contactless bank card, issued anywhere in the world, to pay for a journey,” BCR says. The service is being installed in all metro stations in the capital, with 164 access gates completed before the end of 2016.
- Oyster card users get weekly fare capping on London’s Tube and rail network
- Dallas adds bank card and digital wallet payments to contactless transit ticketing system
- Moscow Metro to roll out biometric ticketing across entire network
- Forecast: Global digital ticketing transactions to top 33.8bn in 2023
- Shanghai to let residents use digital health code to pay public transport fares
This article is more than four years old