A teardown conducted by iFixit has revealed an NFC controller in the Touch Bar of Apple’s new MacBook Pro. The controller is an NXP 66V10 NFC controller, “containing Secure Element 008 and NXP PN549 (as seen in the iPhone 6s)”, iFixit says. The MacBook Pro includes Touch ID integration for Apple Pay payments, unlocking and the switching of user accounts.
- Ticketing agency lets fans buy tickets via NFC App Clips
- Wine company uses NFC to tackle counterfeiting and enhance customer experience
- ANA invites passengers with NFC phones to pilot IATA digital travel pass
- Apple AirTag ‘hack’ indicates dynamic NFC capability
- Chinese firm promotes video game with giant QR code in the sky
This article is more than four years old