British consumers will be able to spread the cost of high-value in-store payments following a partnership between Mastercard and Verifone. The Mastercard Instalments app — the first of its kind in Britain — will launch on Verifone payment terminals at some UK retailers in January. The app has already launched in Romania, with BRD Groupe Societe Generale offering cardholders access to Mastercard Instalments at retailers across the country having conducted its first transaction last week.
- Google lets US drivers use Assistant to pay for fuel with their voice
- Lloyds to let customers set own contactless transaction limit
- Emirates NBD records 34m contactless transactions during eight-week rewards programme
- Monzo lets customers link virtual debit cards to funds ring fenced for specific types of expenditure
- CBA: 80% of digital wallet payments in Australia made from Apple devices
This article is more than four years old