British consumers will be able to spread the cost of high-value in-store payments following a partnership between Mastercard and Verifone. The Mastercard Instalments app — the first of its kind in Britain — will launch on Verifone payment terminals at some UK retailers in January. The app has already launched in Romania, with BRD Groupe Societe Generale offering cardholders access to Mastercard Instalments at retailers across the country having conducted its first transaction last week.
- Apple Pay users in the US to get buy now pay later option with iOS 16
- BIS reports on CBDCs in emerging markets
- Moroccan bank launches biometric payment card
- US digital bank introduces contactless payments rings
- Riksbank completes digital currency payments pilot