British consumers will be able to spread the cost of high-value in-store payments following a partnership between Mastercard and Verifone. The Mastercard Instalments app — the first of its kind in Britain — will launch on Verifone payment terminals at some UK retailers in January. The app has already launched in Romania, with BRD Groupe Societe Generale offering cardholders access to Mastercard Instalments at retailers across the country having conducted its first transaction last week.
- Apple Pay to go live in Mexico “very soon”
- Economists propose single global digital currency
- Dejamobile white paper explains how software-only POS solutions will drive wider adoption of in-store contactless payments
- Antelop launches secure customer authentication SDK
- Mastercard adds NFC payments to virtual corporate cards
This article is more than four years old