Australian bank ANZ has announced it is working with Apple to deliver a wider range of financial products, including mortgages, through Apple Pay, the Sydney Morning Herald reports. “What we’re seeing is a much higher propensity for people who’ve come to us with an Apple Pay solution to then go on and expand that relationship with us,” bank chief Shayne Elliott says. The news comes a day after other Australian banks suffered a setback over their long-running demands for access to the NFC technology within iPhones.
- Researchers unveil system that enables users to feel touch at a distance
- ST to host NFC for IoT commissioning webinar
- Number of credit cards issued via digital platforms to top 320m globally by 2027
- Researchers develop secure vibration-based authentication for visually impaired users to unlock their mobile device
- More than half of payments made with First National Bank cards in South Africa are now contactless
This article is more than six years old