Australian bank ANZ has announced it is working with Apple to deliver a wider range of financial products, including mortgages, through Apple Pay, the Sydney Morning Herald reports. “What we’re seeing is a much higher propensity for people who’ve come to us with an Apple Pay solution to then go on and expand that relationship with us,” bank chief Shayne Elliott says. The news comes a day after other Australian banks suffered a setback over their long-running demands for access to the NFC technology within iPhones.
- Report: US retailers must pay a premium for Apple Card transactions
- Tinkoff turns its mobile banking app into a full-service digital marketplace
- German savings banks switch on support for Apple Pay
- Osaka Metro begins Japan’s first face recognition ticketing pilot
- Garanti lets customers use its mobile banking app to top up their transit card