India’s Yes Bank is to integrate ToneTag’s sound-based contactless payments system into its Yes Pay mobile wallet, The Economic Times reports. ToneTag uses sound waves instead of NFC to connect a smartphone, that has a mobile wallet app installed, with a POS device, allowing owners to make contactless payments. “We are bullish about our alliance as we continue to strive in making payments seamless for end users,” says Ritesh Pai from Yes Bank.
- BBC Click showcases Tappy’s wearable contactless payments technology
- Antelop explains how token management solutions can help banks cut costs and improve their customers’ user experience
- UK government to issue parents with digital free school meal cards
- Samsung cuts US support for MST transactions on new Galaxy phones
- Fiat Chrysler to let drivers order and pay for Grubhub food deliveries from their cars
This article is more than four years old