India’s Yes Bank is to integrate ToneTag’s sound-based contactless payments system into its Yes Pay mobile wallet, The Economic Times reports. ToneTag uses sound waves instead of NFC to connect a smartphone, that has a mobile wallet app installed, with a POS device, allowing owners to make contactless payments. “We are bullish about our alliance as we continue to strive in making payments seamless for end users,” says Ritesh Pai from Yes Bank.
- South Korea to use QR track and trace apps to combat spread of Covid-19
- Samsung Money to go live in the US this summer
- Google pilots voice-based payments
- India to open antitrust investigation into Google Pay?
- Morocco boosts contactless transaction limit by 100%
This article is more than three years old