Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) is to release wearable travel smart cards from next month, The Hindu reports. “Affordable” wrist watches, wristbands and mobile covers will be available, with the corporation hoping to sell about 6,000 items each month initially. “We have already finalised a vendor who will install these chips inside the merchandise,” a DMRC spokesperson says.
- Kazakhstan to roll out face recognition transit ticketing in 2021
- Metro de Sevilla introduces tap-and-go ticketing payments
- Ann Arbor transit authority joins regional mobile ticketing service
- Pasmo adds support for Apple Pay Express Transit in Japan
- Renfe to roll out contactless ticketing across Spain’s suburban rail network
This article is more than three years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday