Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) is to release wearable travel smart cards from next month, The Hindu reports. “Affordable” wrist watches, wristbands and mobile covers will be available, with the corporation hoping to sell about 6,000 items each month initially. “We have already finalised a vendor who will install these chips inside the merchandise,” a DMRC spokesperson says.
- Bengaluru metro to let passengers pay with their face
- Cleveland transit authority joins regional mobile ticketing service
- Cannes rolls out open loop contactless bus ticketing
- Uber to integrate train, coach and plane tickets into UK app
- Qatar to roll out contactless fare payments across metro, bus, tram and taxi services
This article is more than five years old