More than 2,000 merchants have now signed up to EcoCash Ta!, the NFC sticker-based mobile payment service launched by mobile network operator Econet Wireless’ EcoCash mobile money subsidiary in Zimbabwe in December 2015. “Some of these merchants include Zimpapers, Dairibord, Total, Colcom, Ster-Kinekor, Ligi and Engen,” reports TechZim. “EcoCash is also pursuing plans to integrate the tap-to-pay system with the country’s tollgates before the end of 2016.”
- Germany passes law forcing Apple to open up Apple Pay
- Samsung adds Promoted Cards to Samsung Pay in Australia
- Google to offer bank accounts?
- Nestlé pilots face recognition payments in Barcelona
- Facebook Pay launches on Facebook and Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp to follow