The UK’s Metro Bank and Co-operative Bank have begun supporting Apple Pay, taking the number of financial institutions backing the mobile payment service in the country to 23. Apple Pay has also added more than 25 banks and credit unions to its list of supporters in the US, 9to5mac reports.
- Russia launches public consultation on digital ruble
- India bans mobile payment providers from launching new proprietary QR codes
- Visa: Consumers have made an extra 500m touch-free payments in Europe since contactless limits were increased
- Walgreens lets customers pay with points at the POS
- Poppy appeal adds contactless donations boxes in Canada
This article is more than four years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday