Apple’s latest macOS Sierra update is making Apple Pay available for web purchases through Safari on desktop devices. “Shoppers can now click the Apple Pay button at checkout on nearly 300,000 participating websites, including 1-800-Flowers, Gilt, Instacart, Lululemon, Warby Parker and more, and then complete their purchase with Touch ID on iPhone 6 or later, or with Apple Watch,” Apple says. The release of the iOS10 operating system allowed the launch of Apple Pay for mobile websites earlier this month.
- Polish mobile payments service lets users make NFC payments direct from bank account
- Swiss mobile payments provider to roll out cross-border payments in 2022
- Japanese university trials face payments for users wearing a mask
- People’s Bank of China issues digital yuan trial progress report
- European Central Bank officially launches digital euro project
This article is more than four years old