London-based startup Curve has launched a virtual Curve Rewards card through an app that allows consumers to spend points as currency when using the company’s physical payment card. “When you earn rewards, they’ll pop up on your Curve Rewards card as points,” the company says. “Simply choose the Rewards card in the app and use it to pay like you would any other bank card.” The Curve card was unveiled in February 2016. The company has also recently raised US$3m, taking its seed funding to around $5m.
- Revolut lets customers pre-authenticate their contactless card as they approach the SCA transaction limit
- Accenture issues $280bn payments revenue warning to banks
- Monzo to use app notifications to address Strong Customer Authentication communications issues
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts