US supermarket giant Walmart is rolling out its Walmart Pay QR code-based mobile payment service to Alabama and Georgia following its launch in Arkansas and Texas last month. The roll out will take Walmart Pay to an additional 120 stores in Alabama and 180 stores in Georgia. Walmart unveiled the mobile payment service in December 2015 and it went live for iPhone users in April 2016.
- Financial Conduct Authority to add new protections for consumers’ funds
- Interac reports surge in digital payments adoption
- Bitkom reports major switch in German attitudes to contactless payments
- Swedish government regulates online payment options
- Tappy demo shows how brands can add contactless payments to wearables
This article is more than three years old