US retail giant Walmart has begun rolling out its Walmart Pay QR code-based mobile payment service for iOS devices. The service has been added to the latest update of the Walmart iPhone app, enabling customers to register credit, debit and gift cards for making payments at the checkout. The company announced the launch of Walmart Pay in December 2015 and says that it will be “available in all stores soon”.
- Mastercard unveils enhanced contactless payment specifications
- BNP Paribas to offer biometric payment cards to premier card customers
- BIS to build proof of concept platform for cross-border CBDC payments
- Fidesmo opens NFCW Expo showcase
- PBOC to launch third digital yuan trial in Shenzhen
This article is more than four years old