Commuters across the US city of Dallas and surrounding areas can now pay for travel using a GoPass NFC card launched by Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) and Blackhawk Network. The card can be topped up using cash at nearly 800 stores served by electronic cash transaction network PayNearMe. “DART’s GoPass mobile app will allow riders to present the app on their smartphone to a store clerk within PayNearMe’s retail network and pay in cash to load DART fare value just as if they are making a purchase in store,” DART says.
- Visa reports on contactless transit ticketing adoption
- LA Metro to let passengers add their TAP transit card to Apple Pay ‘this year’
- Turin rolls out contactless payments on bus and subway services
- Chinese city rolls out face verification ticketing on bus and subway services
- STIB switches on contactless payments across Brussels
This article is more than four years old