Commuters across the US city of Dallas and surrounding areas can now pay for travel using a GoPass NFC card launched by Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) and Blackhawk Network. The card can be topped up using cash at nearly 800 stores served by electronic cash transaction network PayNearMe. “DART’s GoPass mobile app will allow riders to present the app on their smartphone to a store clerk within PayNearMe’s retail network and pay in cash to load DART fare value just as if they are making a purchase in store,” DART says.
- Bengaluru metro to let passengers pay with their face
- Cleveland transit authority joins regional mobile ticketing service
- Cannes rolls out open loop contactless bus ticketing
- Uber to integrate train, coach and plane tickets into UK app
- Qatar to roll out contactless fare payments across metro, bus, tram and taxi services
This article is more than six years old