Commuters across the US city of Dallas and surrounding areas can now pay for travel using a GoPass NFC card launched by Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) and Blackhawk Network. The card can be topped up using cash at nearly 800 stores served by electronic cash transaction network PayNearMe. “DART’s GoPass mobile app will allow riders to present the app on their smartphone to a store clerk within PayNearMe’s retail network and pay in cash to load DART fare value just as if they are making a purchase in store,” DART says.
- Sydney integrates digital Opal card with rideshare services
- Delhi Metro lets passengers top up their transit cards at fare gates
- Central Maryland RTA adds mobile ticketing, fare capping and free transfers
- Office shuttle service adopts ultrasonic technology for boarding pass authentication
- Metrolinx begins contactless fare payment pilot in Toronto
This article is more than four years old