Motorola‘s forthcoming budget phone — the new Moto G — is to come in two variants and will include NFC, a components chart published on Twitter has revealed, making it the first Moto G to feature the technology. “The new phone is also expected to have a fingerprint scanner, since a Lenovo executive said earlier this year that all Motorola-branded phones would have fingerprint scanners in 2016,” The Verge reports. The new Moto G is expected to be unveiled on May 17.
- US PPE provider authenticates face masks with NFC
- French fashion house uses NFC to link garments to unique digital NFT assets
- ST launches advisory service for brands looking to adopt NFC
- Bio-compatible NFC implant lets consumers make contactless payments with their hand
- EU to file antitrust charge against Apple over NFC chip access
This article is more than five years old