Mobile POS provider Square has launched in Australia, enabling retailers across the country to accept credit and debit card payments using their mobile phones. “Australia marks the fourth market for Square, joining the US, Canada and Japan,” the company says. Square’s contactless chip reader does not appear to be available in the country, however, as “tap-and-go would have made the device too expensive and too big,” Square country manager Ben Pfisterer told the Sydney Morning Herald.
- Germany passes law forcing Apple to open up Apple Pay
- Samsung adds Promoted Cards to Samsung Pay in Australia
- Google to offer bank accounts?
- Nestlé pilots face recognition payments in Barcelona
- Facebook Pay launches on Facebook and Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp to follow