The American Public Transportation Association (APTA) is to work with the NFC Forum to “jointly educate the industry on near field communication (NFC) technologies supporting the needs of public transportation operators”. APTA has 1,500 members from all sectors of the public transportation market including bus, subway and railway operators.
- Public transport users in the Philippines get NFC top-up for contactless fare payment cards
- Moscow ticketing app begins nationwide rollout
- Mumbai lets passengers link digital health pass to mobile bus tickets
- Washington Metro offers passengers free bike rides for switching to mobile SmarTrip card
- Korean researchers develop gate-free contactless smart ticketing solution
This article is more than five years old