Mobile wallet provider FreeCharge has partnered with mPOS company ePaisa to offer its services to “thousands” of retailers across India. “Customers paying through the FreeCharge wallet will also be able to avail exciting offers including cashbacks and additional discounts on spends at the registered merchants,” FreeCharge says. The partnership follows the launch of FreeCharge in 216 Indian McDonald’s restaurants.
- Crédit Agricole issues biometric payment cards in France
- Amazon expands pay by palm technology to Whole Foods Market store
- Apple lets US families build credit by sharing Apple Card accounts
- German savings banks roll out contactless card acceptance on standard NFC phones
- UK Treasury and Bank of England launch CBDC taskforce to explore digital currency options
This article is more than five years old