Customers of Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) will be able to use Apple Pay from 18 February, the bank has confirmed in a series of tweets reported by Reuters. China Guangfa Bank and China Construction Bank are also expected to offer the service to customers from launch.
- Forecast: 1.4bn consumers will be using face recognition to authenticate payments by 2025
- Patent shows how Apple Pay could automatically select a card based on the user’s location
- Visa reports 1bn extra contactless transactions in Europe since payment limit rises
- More than 100m Americans to make an in-store mobile payment in 2021
- East Caribbean Central Bank launches digital currency
This article is more than five years old