Apple Pay has seen an acceleration in mobile app acceptance across the US, according to Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster, who calls it an “inflection point” in a recent investor note reported by Quartz. “While most attention has been paid to which retail stores have started accepting Apple Pay, the iPhone-based payment service has quietly made serious progress in mobile commerce,” the publication says. Apple Pay is also leading POS mobile payments in the US, according to the firm.
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts
- Mastercard to build blockchain cross-border payments platform
- NAB to integrate receipts into mobile banking app
- Nissan to build RFID payments into all cars sold in Brazil