Apple Pay is “overwhelmingly the share leader” in point-of-sale mobile payments across the US despite uptake remaining relatively low, the latest statistics from Piper Jaffray’s Apple Pay adoption tracker show. “Analyst Gene Munster expects numbers to rise in 2016 as Apple integrates attractive new features like P2P payments and in-browser integration,” AppleInsider reports.
- Apple Pay goes live in Armenia
- Apple Pay to launch in Argentina and Peru ‘soon’
- One in four consumers expect to switch to being cashless within two years
- China to let visiting athletes and spectators use digital yuan at Beijing Winter Olympics
- China launches digital currency app for Android and Apple users in 10 cities
This article is more than six years old