Apple has begun selling mobile POS provider Square’s US$49 contactless readers in its US stores as well as online. Square unveiled the NFC mPOS terminals during Apple’s WWDC in June 2015 and offered the first 250,000 free of charge. It began shipping devices in December.
- TreeCard launches wooden contactless debit card
- Estonian fuel station installs self-service payments system that replaces need for physical card readers
- Canadian retailer vends ready-made meals from contactless kiosks
- Pret A Manger pilots contactless charity donations in UK outlets
- KFC Japan trials contactless lockers for mobile order pickups
This article is more than four years old