Mobile POS provider Square will begin shipping its EMV and contactless chip card reader in December 2015. “If you preorder a contactless and chip card reader, Square’s Liability Shift Protection is available to you for free, from the moment you preorder until your reader arrives,” the company says. Square unveiled the NFC mPOS terminals during Apple’s WWDC in June 2015 and offered the first 250,000 free of charge.
- Revolut lets customers pre-authenticate their contactless card as they approach the SCA transaction limit
- Accenture issues $280bn payments revenue warning to banks
- Monzo to use app notifications to address Strong Customer Authentication communications issues
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts