Mobile POS provider Square will begin shipping its EMV and contactless chip card reader in December 2015. “If you preorder a contactless and chip card reader, Square’s Liability Shift Protection is available to you for free, from the moment you preorder until your reader arrives,” the company says. Square unveiled the NFC mPOS terminals during Apple’s WWDC in June 2015 and offered the first 250,000 free of charge.
- China puts pressure on McDonald’s, Visa and Nike to accept digital yuan
- Schools in Scotland let students make contactless meal payments with their face
- Tesco opens its first checkout-free store in London
- Beijing offers public transport users discounts to encourage digital yuan fare payments
- Major banks, retailers and fintechs to support rollout of national QR payments and rewards system in Australia
This article is more than six years old