Square will give away 250,000 of its NFC mPOS terminals unveiled during Apple’s WWDC this week. “We need to push hard on getting readers to businesses, which is why we are giving 250,000 of the first wireless readers away for free,” Square CEO Jack Dorsey told Fortune, with readers available to buy in Apple stores “come the fall”.
- More than 67m contactless POS terminals shipped in 2020
- Mobile contactless payments now account for one in three card transactions in Russia
- Sainsbury’s lets customers ‘just walk out’ of contactless store in London
- Carrefour opens its first contactless store in Paris
- Westpac expands dynamic CVVs to Android phones
This article is more than six years old