A US startup is raising funds on Kickstarter for its first production run of Lockett, a customisable necklace that can be tapped with an NFC phone to retrieve personal photos, videos and messages. “The limited early bird rewards begin at US$65 for a single sterling silver NFC necklace and $750 for 10 sterling silver necklaces customised with a logo,” says the company, which hopes to debut the product in Austin, Texas.
- Cambridge Consultants combines NFC and machine vision for next generation interactive bar
- American Airlines includes NFC passport reading in mobile app
- Sheep Inc uses NFC tags to let sweater buyers trace their purchase back to the original fleece
- Merivale to let Sydney diners tap table tags to order food and drinks
- Researchers use NFC to power epidermal VR feedback patch