Luxury watchmaker Swatch has signed a contract with Visa to roll out its Bellamy NFC payment watch following its debut in China in October 2015. “[Swatch CEO] Nick Hayek confirmed that a contract was signed with Visa — he gave no further details,” Le Temps reports. The newspaper says that the brand is preparing to launch Bellamy in countries including the US and Switzerland in early 2016.
- General Motors to replace car keys with face biometrics?
- ST provides brands with guidance on how best to implement NFC tags
- UK government publishes digital identity framework
- NFC Forum explores the role of NFC in mobility-as-a-service applications
- Accor to let hotel guests access their rooms with their smartphone
This article is more than five years old