Credit card issuer Diners Club of Ecuador has launched PayClub, a service that lets consumers make mobile payments with any Diners or Visa Interdin branded card. To use the service, consumers select “manage card” on their mobile device and press the “generate code” option on the card they wish to use, Diners Club says. They are then “presented with a screen with a code for single use shopping, which you must deliver at the time of purchase”.
- Beijing offers public transport users discounts to encourage digital yuan fare payments
- Major banks, retailers and fintechs to support rollout of national QR payments and rewards system in Australia
- Circle K adds checkout-free shopping at US convenience stores
- Apple Pay goes live in Bahrain
- Three in four UK consumers want to set their own contactless spending limit
This article is more than five years old