Commuters across the UK city of Manchester will soon be able to buy Metrolink tickets using a Get Me There mobile app and make contactless payments for printed tickets at more than 250 machines, Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) has announced. Bus operators Arriva, First and Stagecoach will also introduce smartcards that can be used across the region.
- Eurostar to let international train passengers use biometrics to replace physical tickets and passport checks
- MTA resumes Omny contactless ticketing installations
- Octopus lets Hong Kong commuters add their transit card to iPhone and Apple Watch
- Taipei light rail offers 50% discounts to mobile payment users
- Metrolinx to let iPhone users top up Presto transit cards via NFC
This article is more than four years old