Commuters across the UK city of Manchester will soon be able to buy Metrolink tickets using a Get Me There mobile app and make contactless payments for printed tickets at more than 250 machines, Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) has announced. Bus operators Arriva, First and Stagecoach will also introduce smartcards that can be used across the region.
- Kenya to combine cashless payments with Covid contact tracing on Matatu minibuses
- Dubai adds Nol transit cards to Huawei NFC smartphones
- Paris to let Apple users add transit cards to iPhones?
- MTR rolls out QR code ticketing in Hong Kong
- Omny contactless fare payment system goes live across the whole of New York City
This article is more than five years old