Samsung has begun inviting those eligible to take part in a Samsung Pay beta test in the US ahead of the mobile payment service’s launch next month. Participants must own a Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+ or Galaxy Note 5, have an active Samsung account, a qualifying card and be a customer of AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile or US Cellular. Verizon Wireless is yet to announce its support.
- Apple Pay users in the US to get buy now pay later option with iOS 16
- BIS reports on CBDCs in emerging markets
- Moroccan bank launches biometric payment card
- US digital bank introduces contactless payments rings
- Riksbank completes digital currency payments pilot