Samsung has begun inviting those eligible to take part in a Samsung Pay beta test in the US ahead of the mobile payment service’s launch next month. Participants must own a Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+ or Galaxy Note 5, have an active Samsung account, a qualifying card and be a customer of AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile or US Cellular. Verizon Wireless is yet to announce its support.
- Apple Pay goes live in Armenia
- Apple Pay to launch in Argentina and Peru ‘soon’
- One in four consumers expect to switch to being cashless within two years
- China to let visiting athletes and spectators use digital yuan at Beijing Winter Olympics
- China launches digital currency app for Android and Apple users in 10 cities
This article is more than six years old