The worldwide biometrics technology market will grow from US$2bn in 2015 to $14.9bn by 2024, research firm Tractica predicts. “During that period, Tractica forecasts that cumulative revenue will total $67.8bn,” the company says. The ‘Biometrics Market Forecasts’ report is based on a comprehensive 10-year market forecast for biometrics hardware and software from 2015 to 2024.
- China puts pressure on McDonald’s, Visa and Nike to accept digital yuan
- UAE to let residents access government and private sector services using their face
- NFC Forum spec adds support for extra-small antennas for NFC wireless charging
- Rémy Cointreau uses NFC tags to let purchasers verify ownership of exclusive cognac decanter
- Schools in Scotland let students make contactless meal payments with their face
This article is more than six years old