The worldwide biometrics technology market will grow from US$2bn in 2015 to $14.9bn by 2024, research firm Tractica predicts. “During that period, Tractica forecasts that cumulative revenue will total $67.8bn,” the company says. The ‘Biometrics Market Forecasts’ report is based on a comprehensive 10-year market forecast for biometrics hardware and software from 2015 to 2024.
- Shell lets motorists make hands-free contactless fuel payments at the pump with RFID
- US Department of Agriculture to trial NFC and QR mobile payments for contactless state benefits
- Samsung includes NFC, UWB and MST contactless technologies in foldable phones and wearables
- Apple Pay expands to Malaysia
- German football club trials NFC scarves that let fans access the stadium and receive special offers
This article is more than six years old