More than 620m mobile banking apps that support biometrics for customer authentication and transaction verification will be downloaded by 2020, research from Goode Intelligence predicts. “Additionally, almost 160m wearable devices will be benefiting from seamless biometric authentication for accessing banking services on a variety of wearables, including smartwatches and bands,” the company says.
- Colombia to let citizens use digital ID for contactless cross-border travel in South America
- Nike and Rtfkt use NFC to link physical clothing with NFTs
- More than 34m merchants worldwide to accept contactless payments on NFC smartphones by 2027
- France lets citizens add a digital version of their health insurance card to their smartphone
- Finland to pilot digital passports for contactless cross-border travel
This article is more than six years old