Shoppers across Denmark will be able to make purchases from billboards, bus shelters and street furniture from outdoor advertising corporation JCDecaux subsidiary AFA JCDecaux via Powa Technologies’ mobile payments platform PowaTag. “AFA JCDecaux will utilise the PowaTag offering in 20 key cities including Copenhagen, Aarhus, Aalborg, Odense and Vejle,” Powa says. The news follows Powa’s partnership with Denmark’s Danske Bank to integrate PowaTag into its MobilePay banking app.
- Mercedes-Benz and BP pilot in-truck fuel payments in the UK
- Credit Libanais to trial biometric payment cards
- China puts pressure on McDonald’s, Visa and Nike to accept digital yuan
- Schools in Scotland let students make contactless meal payments with their face
- Tesco opens its first checkout-free store in London
This article is more than six years old