Shoppers across Denmark will be able to make purchases from billboards, bus shelters and street furniture from outdoor advertising corporation JCDecaux subsidiary AFA JCDecaux via Powa Technologies’ mobile payments platform PowaTag. “AFA JCDecaux will utilise the PowaTag offering in 20 key cities including Copenhagen, Aarhus, Aalborg, Odense and Vejle,” Powa says. The news follows Powa’s partnership with Denmark’s Danske Bank to integrate PowaTag into its MobilePay banking app.
- Consumers to get option to personalise their digital payment cards
- More than 90% of consumers worldwide will consider using digital payments in the next year, Mastercard predicts
- European banks invest €30m in EU rival to Visa and Mastercard
- Mastercard in talks with PBOC over support for cross-border digital yuan transactions
- Facebook relaunches WhatsApp peer to peer payments in Brazil
This article is more than five years old