Shoppers across Denmark will be able to make purchases from billboards, bus shelters and street furniture from outdoor advertising corporation JCDecaux subsidiary AFA JCDecaux via Powa Technologies’ mobile payments platform PowaTag. “AFA JCDecaux will utilise the PowaTag offering in 20 key cities including Copenhagen, Aarhus, Aalborg, Odense and Vejle,” Powa says. The news follows Powa’s partnership with Denmark’s Danske Bank to integrate PowaTag into its MobilePay banking app.
- Strong customer authentication requirements could cost European retailers €100bn in lost sales
- Edenred adds Apple Pay for UK prepaid cardholders
- Amazon lets customers pay with their palm at two US retail stores
- Samsung lets German customers link any bank account to Samsung Pay
- One in five Japanese consumers to make mobile payments in stores this year
This article is more than five years old