Guests at hotel chain Hampton Inn are to be greeted with personalised messages, digital concierge services, directions and tailored offers on their smartphones via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons deployed across Seattle. “Beacons have been installed with more to deploy soon and notifications will be delivered using the SnipSnap mobile application,” platform provider Signal360 says.
- Report: EU antitrust investigators are examining Apple Pay
- EBA sets new Strong Customer Authentication deadline
- Kraft Heinz promotes cheese slices with tamper resistant NFC tags
- Samsung begins global rollout of mobile POS app that lets merchants accept payments on standard Android phones
- Google expands support for transit cards on NFC mobile phones