The Smart Ticketing Alliance (STA) has signed a memorandum of understanding with standards body GlobalPlatform to establish an interoperable framework for smart ticketing in the public transport sector. “The STA will provide the business input to assist GlobalPlatform in developing an end-to-end simplified service framework for the public transport industry,” GlobalPlatform says.
- Google expands support for transit cards on NFC mobile phones
- Brits now use smart cards and mobile phones for half their rail journeys
- Ohio transportation providers roll out multi-operator regional mobile ticketing service
- EMT to pilot blockchain and face recognition ticketing in Madrid
- Dubai to launch virtual Nol transit card in 2020