Five hundred London buses have been equipped with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons to send targeted messages to commuters, as part of out-of-home media owner Exterion Media’s beacon rollout across “major cities” in the UK in partnership with mobile marketing and NFC specialist Proxama. The move follows a successful pilot conducted on buses in Norwich last year.
- Google sets out its vision for the future of Google Pay
- Czech Republic to roll out mobile driving licences and digital IDs
- CTA launches open API standard to support radar-enabled contactless applications
- US Federal Reserve launches public consultation on digital dollar
- Public transport users in the Philippines get NFC top-up for contactless fare payment cards
This article is more than six years old