Five hundred London buses have been equipped with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons to send targeted messages to commuters, as part of out-of-home media owner Exterion Media’s beacon rollout across “major cities” in the UK in partnership with mobile marketing and NFC specialist Proxama. The move follows a successful pilot conducted on buses in Norwich last year.
- UOB lets customers use its mobile banking app to link debit and credit cards to third-party apps
- Singapore adds face verification to national digital ID service
- First Bus enables Apple Pay Express Mode for contactless ticketing
- PSCU reports 70% increase in US mobile debit card transactions
- Google Pay adds bill splitting, movie bookings and scratchcard rewards in Singapore
This article is more than five years old