The Ukrainian capital of Kiev has become the fifth city in the world, after London, St Petersburg, Chicago and Bucharest, to allow fares to be paid with open loop contactless cards. Transport operator Kyivsky Metropoliten has installed contactless turnstiles equipped with MasterCard PayPass technology in 17 stations across the subway in partnership with Oshchadbank.
- Google expands support for transit cards on NFC mobile phones
- Brits now use smart cards and mobile phones for half their rail journeys
- Ohio transportation providers roll out multi-operator regional mobile ticketing service
- EMT to pilot blockchain and face recognition ticketing in Madrid
- Dubai to launch virtual Nol transit card in 2020