German car maker Audi’s new Q7 model features an NFC-enabled tablet, allowing passengers to transmit information and entertainment to and from their smartphones which can then be distributed throughout the vehicle. The Audi tablet uses the Android operating system and connects to the car’s MMI information and entertainment system via Wifi, allowing passengers to send a planned route to the driver’s navigation display, for example, or the driver can start a radio or media programme.
- Kraft Heinz promotes cheese slices with tamper resistant NFC tags
- French government to include NFC passport reading in digital identity app
- NXP updates Android NFC TagWriter app
- McKinsey includes NFC tags in Mall of America technology showcase store
- German government adds iPhone NFC identity card reading to digital ID app