The US Patent and Trademark Office has granted Apple a patent for its Concert Ticket+ concept, first unveiled in 2010. “Apple’s newly granted patent covers their invention relating to tickets to events and to obtaining, storing and accessing tickets to events and benefits associated with such tickets using an electronic device,” Patently Apple reports. It adds the original patent went on to help form the Passbook application, and is now “directly related to the use of Apple Pay”.
- UAE launches blockchain postage stamp with NFC authentication
- Apple delays rollout of digital IDs in Wallet until early 2022
- Researchers use extended-range NFC to develop smart fabric for multiple use cases
- British Standards Institute unveils NFC digital ID system for construction products
- Researchers develop ultra-thin ‘computer on the bone’ using NFC for bone health monitoring
This article is more than six years old