UK bank Halifax is investigating how Bionym’s Nymi Band, a device that uses the wearer’s unique cardiac rhythm to authenticate their identity, could be used to reduce the need for customers to remember their passwords. A version of Nymi that incorporates NFC technology is currently on trial with a number of Canadian banks.
- More than 67m contactless POS terminals shipped in 2020
- Mobile contactless payments now account for one in three card transactions in Russia
- Sainsbury’s lets customers ‘just walk out’ of contactless store in London
- New South Wales to roll out ‘whole-of-government’ digital identity wallet in 2022
- Carrefour opens its first contactless store in Paris
This article is more than six years old