The organizers of the annual SXSW music and film festival are working with Gimbal, RightRound and Urban Airship to place 1,000 Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons around the event’s venues. The beacons support Around Me, a new social networking addition to the SXSW Go app that lets attendees who check into zones at official venues discover what’s happening nearby and connect with other people that have also checked into the location.
- Trust Payments to share lessons learned from developing a softPOS solution for merchants across Europe
- European Central Bank draws up plans for digital euro app for contactless and QR code payments
- Washington Metro lets students add digital transit passes to Apple Wallet via NFC
- Russian banks pilot contactless payment stickers for iPhone users
- Qatar National Bank rolls out contactless biometric payments
This article is more than seven years old