Hungarian carrier Magyar Telekom has launched an NFC service that marks the first commercial deployment of Cipurse, an open ticketing standard developed by the OSPT Alliance. The carrier’s NFC SIMs are supplied by Giesecke & Devrient and support NFC payments and the SuperShop loyalty card as well as transportation ticketing.
- Kenya to combine cashless payments with Covid contact tracing on Matatu minibuses
- Dubai adds Nol transit cards to Huawei NFC smartphones
- Paris to let Apple users add transit cards to iPhones?
- MTR rolls out QR code ticketing in Hong Kong
- Omny contactless fare payment system goes live across the whole of New York City
This article is more than six years old