Hungarian carrier Magyar Telekom has launched an NFC service that marks the first commercial deployment of Cipurse, an open ticketing standard developed by the OSPT Alliance. The carrier’s NFC SIMs are supplied by Giesecke & Devrient and support NFC payments and the SuperShop loyalty card as well as transportation ticketing.
- Oyster card users get weekly fare capping on London’s Tube and rail network
- Dallas adds bank card and digital wallet payments to contactless transit ticketing system
- Moscow Metro to roll out biometric ticketing across entire network
- Forecast: Global digital ticketing transactions to top 33.8bn in 2023
- Shanghai to let residents use digital health code to pay public transport fares
This article is more than six years old