A recently published Apple patent hints that the company is working on future CarPlay functionality that would allow users to lock and unlock car doors, start engines and perform other tasks using their iOS device and geofence technology. The company’s iBeacon location system could also play a part in the service, the Accessory Control with Geo-fencing patent explains.
- Thailand Post uses QR codes to deliver secure digital addresses for letters and parcels
- Las Vegas casino adds remote identity verification, biometric authentication and digital wallet payment for contactless gaming
- Fabric patches harvest static energy to add wearables to ordinary clothing
- Osaka Metro tests hands-free contactless payments for wheelchair users
- Amsterdam gets tap-in tap-out open loop contactless fare payments
This article is more than eight years old