Canadian startup Bionym has begun shipping its Nymi wristband to partners and key developers after starting to take pre-orders in September last year. The wearable device uses the wearer’s unique cardiac rhythm to verify their identity and communicates with the world around it via BLE. “We’ll be sending out more information on the next steps of the shipping process to everyone who pre-ordered a Nymi band in the coming weeks,” the company says.
- ST explains how NFC tags with digital signatures can provide end-to-end protection against counterfeiting throughout the supply chain
- Atac brings contactless transit ticketing to Rome
- Starbucks launches NFC payment pens in Japan
- NXP unveils NFC, UWB and secure element chipset
- Revolut lets customers pre-authenticate their contactless card as they approach the SCA transaction limit