American Express is to launch a US$10m Small Merchant EMV Assistance Program in February 2015 to drive adoption of EMV. “We know from speaking with our smallest merchants that they are too busy running the day-to-day operations of their businesses to keep up with the constantly changing fraud landscape,” says Amex’s Anré Williams. “We’re launching this program to help educate small merchants about point-of-sale security and offset the cost of upgrading their terminals.”
- South Korea to use QR track and trace apps to combat spread of Covid-19
- Samsung Money to go live in the US this summer
- Google pilots voice-based payments
- India to open antitrust investigation into Google Pay?
- Morocco boosts contactless transaction limit by 100%
This article is more than five years old