Nintendo Wii U users in Japan can now use the NFC interface built into their GamePad controller to purchase games with a Suica contactless payment card. The plan to offer contactless payments was detailed by Nintendo president Satoru Iwata in May this year. Gamers that use the service will receive Suica loyalty rewards at the rate of one point for every ¥200 they spend.
- Apple AirTag ‘hack’ indicates dynamic NFC capability
- Chinese firm promotes video game with giant QR code in the sky
- NFC Forum releases specifications for secure data transfer between NFC devices
- Car Connectivity Consortium to release specification for hands-free Bluetooth and ultra wideband digital keys
- Apple rolls out AirTags for locating and tracking personal items
This article is more than six years old