Nintendo Wii U users in Japan can now use the NFC interface built into their GamePad controller to purchase games with a Suica contactless payment card. The plan to offer contactless payments was detailed by Nintendo president Satoru Iwata in May this year. Gamers that use the service will receive Suica loyalty rewards at the rate of one point for every ¥200 they spend.
- Chinese bike hire service to let customers use an NFC digital currency wallet to pay for their ride
- French government to let citizens scan NFC eID cards to access secure online services
- ST white paper explains how brands can use NFC to add value to their products
- Apple to roll out digital driving licences and IDs in eight US states
- Prada to leverage NFC to authenticate fashion products
This article is more than seven years old